What is Teamgroup SSD Team L5 Lite 3D SSD 120GB in a nutshell? This is a budget TLC SSD with certain modern features that the more expensive competitors have. Ideal as an inexpensive and fast drive for mining farm, as a system drive. But as the only drive in a laptop, it is not recommended to use it – there will be not enough space for the system and file storage.
- Capacity: 120 GB
- Purpose: for laptop and desktop computer
- Form factor: 2.5 ″
- Gaming: yes
- Flash Type: TLC 3D NAND
- Connection: SATA Interface
- Max. SATA 6Gb / s interface speed: 600 MB / s
- Read speed: 470 MB / s
- Write speed: 300 MB / s
- Random write speed (4 KB blocks): 40000 IOPS
- Support for 4 KB sectors: yes
- NCQ support: yes
- TRIM support: yes
- MTBF: 1,000,000 hours
- Shock resistance at work: 1500 G
- Shock resistance during storage: 1500 G
- Max. operating temperature: 70 ° C
- Width x Height x Length: 69.9 mm x 7 mm x 100 mm
- Weight: 65 g
- 3D NAND – excellent choice for upgrade
- Read/write speed is 4 times faster than traditional hard drive – breathe new life into old system
- Smooth read/write speed – up to 500 MB/s* of reading speed is able to enhance the speed and performance of the overall system
- Ultra lightweight and slim – 2.5-inch hard drive with just 7.0 mm thickness, it can be installed on laptop or any other system
- Support DRAM Cache Buffer
- Support S.M.A.R.T. technology – monitoring hard drive status efficiently
- Support TRIM – bring out its best performance on the compatible operating system
- Three years product warranty with free technical support service
The latest generation of 3D NAND flash memory has overcome the technical barrier of 2D NAND and has enhanced the overall capacity, performance, and reliability. Unlike the 2D planar flash memory, 3D NAND increases storage capacity by stacking up cells in the vertical direction. It not only provides a better performance and endurance but also breaks through the technical limitation of planar chips.
- Using 3D NAND – modern technology of “vertical” flash memory; this improved overall performance and reliability, increases memory capacity by folding cells in the vertical direction
- Like other SSDs, the read / write speed is 4 times faster, the response time for all applications is much better than the traditional hard disk can, which makes the old system much more lively. The manufacturer claims the read / write speed – up to 470 MB / s and 400 MB / s, respectively;
- Ultra-light and thin 2.5-inch SSD Team L5 Lite 3D with a thickness of only 7.0 mm, can be installed in an ultrabook or any other system;
- Support S.M.A.R.T. technology – effective monitoring of the hard disk;
- TRIM support for maximum performance in a compatible operating system.
- Windows TRIM allows you to release free blocks, allowing the operating system to use them later immediately when writing data. NCQ’s optimized access control technology can speed up the transfer and recording of SSD data, and also effectively reduces performance degradation and disk wear. This can extend the life of the SSD;
- The three-dimensional solid-state drive L5 LITE uses a 3D NAND flash memory chip, which, according to the manufacturer, is impact-resistant, drop-resistant and provides complete data protection. Even if you accidentally drop a laptop with an installed SSD, the technology can prevent data corruption;
- The built-in data management algorithm for a solid-state drive has functions such as garbage collection, which is able to provide high performance. The powerful Wear-Leveling technology and ECC (Error Correction Code) increase the reliability of data transmission.
4 times of speed improvement
The L5 LITE 3D solid state drive is 4 times faster* than the traditional hard drive. Its excellent performance and read/write speed not only allow fast boot/shutdown time but also speed up the response time of all applications, so consumers can enjoy the high-speed performance immediately after the upgrade. The lightweight and zero hassle advantage make it the best product to replace the traditional hard drive.
Lightweight and compact with various capacities for selection
The L5 LITE 3D solid state drive has an industry-standard 2.5-inch. With the only 7mm in height, it is best suited for Ultrabooks on the market. Whether it is for laptop or desktop, the upgrade can be done quickly. It is using SATA III 6Gbps specification and capacities available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 1TB, etc. With read speed up to 500 MB/s*, it not only improves the computer performance, but it is also the best bargain available.
Solid, durable, total protection
The L5 LITE 3D solid state drive is using 3D NAND flash memory chip, which is durable, shockproof, drop resistant and offers a total protection for the data. Even if you accidentally drop your computer or it landed on a hard surface, it can still prevent damages and data corruption from accidents.
Perfect long term operation
The L5 LITE 3D solid state drive supports Windows TRIM optimization command which is able to release free blocks, allowing an operating system to use them later immediately when writing data. The optimized access control technology of NCQ can speed up the transfer and write performance of the SSD, and effectively reduces performance degradation and wear and tear of the drive. This can prolong the service life of the SSD perfectly.
L5 LITE 3D solid state drive’s built-in smart algorithm management mechanism has functions such as garbage collection which is able to ensure operational efficiency. The powerful Wear-Leveling technology and ECC (Error Correction Code) function enhance the reliability of data transfer.
Buyers have noted a good value for the amount of this SSD drive. Many people use Team L5 Lite 3D SSD 120GB to create a mining farm, as they provide the necessary drive speed and are inexpensive.
Good for laptops and for mining rigs
November 3, 2018 [Verified Purchase]
I have been using these in customer laptops as HDD replacements and they really work great, and are very lightweight too. Performance is a great value for the low price and the customers are very happy.
I also use these to write the PiMP OS (getpimp.org) operating system using either dd for linux or HDDrawcopy for Windows, and I use them for my crypto-currency mining rigs. They allow my PiMP mining farm to run reliably and they allow me to write the image to the disk very quickly. I have been recommending this to other people who want to mine coins. Photo of my TEAM SSD powered mining farm attached.
Customer review from Amazon.com
Pathetic longevity for SSD
March 29, 2018
Got one in January, lasted for 2 months in desktop that I use 30 minutes a day… Pathetic longevity for SSD, hope I can get it exchanged for another one which will last longer
Negative feedback from Amazon user