Hama FlashPen Laeta Twin USB3.0 128GB is a compact USB flash drive from the German manufacturer Hama with an aluminum case in gray. It has two interfaces: for computer devices with USB-port and portable devices with micro-USB interface, with a lid on both sides.
- Memory: 128 GB
- Transfer rate (read) 10 MB / s
- USB 2.0 Micro OTG, USB 3.0 connection
- USB retractable port: no
- Reserve function: no
- Boot: no
- Backup data with a password: no
- Material: Plastic, metal
- OTG support: yes
- Design (color, design, motif, series): color gray, Laeta Twin series
- Computer system requirements: operating system Windows 10/8/7 / Vista / XP and MacOS 9.x or higher.
- Smartphones requirements: Host / OTG-enabled smartphones and tablets with Android 4.0 operating system and microUSB interface
- Package Contents: 1 FlashPen Laeta Twin
- Width x Height x Depth 18 mm x 70 mm x 8.5 mm
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years warranty
- Never use both connections at the same time.
- For proper use, use the exFAT format.
- If your device is OTG compatible, refer to the product information of the respective manufacturer.
Does your smartphone risk running out of storage space? Hama “Laeta Twin” USB Flash Drive provides the perfect portable solution for convenient data storage. Transferring files from a smartphone could not be easier thanks to the micro USB interface. With micro USB connector for smartphones and tablets its ideal as external memory. Drive speed allows you to directly record and play movies in FullHD resolution.
Removable media with a micro USB 2.0 connector and a USB 3.0 connector that allows you to write and erase data as many times as required.
The flash drive has a compact size with a stylish black aluminum case. To connect to a computer has a USB 3.0 interface for even faster data transfer speeds. It has covers on both sides of the stick.
- Ultra-fast removable storage medium with micro-USB port and USB 3.0 port, with cap for both ports
- USB 3.0 Super Speed for even faster read and write data, enables direct recording and playback of movies in FullHD, compact stick with aluminum housing in fine black
- System requirements: Operating system: Windows 10/8/7 / Vista / XP and MacOS 9.x or higher, host / OTG-enabled (on-the-go) smartphones and tablets with Android operating system from Android 4.0 and micro USB interface
- Randomly writable and erasable removable storage medium
- In the package: 1 FlashPen Laeta Twin USB Flash Drive
In our computeruniverse.discount computer lab, we tested Hama’s USB drive using the CrystalDiskMark program, measured read and write speeds when copying via Total Commander, read and write large and small files from a flash drive to the phone’s memory and from phone to flash drive.
Testing the speed of reading and writing with the program CrystalDiskMark
Test the speed of reading and writing files 1GiB size. Results: up to 116 MB / s read speed and up to 44 megabytes / s write speed to a USB flash drive.
Testing the speed of reading and writing files of 100 megabytes. Results: up to 149 MB / s read speed and up to 47 megabytes / c write speed to a USB flash drive.
Test the speed of reading and writing small files of 50 megabytes. Results: up to 135 MB / s read speed and up to 48 MB / c write speed to a USB flash drive.
Testing the speed of reading and writing files using Total Commander
The speed of copying large files (more than 100 megabytes in size) from a computer to a USB flash drive via Total Commander: 8-26 Mb / s.
The speed of copying files up to 50 MB from a computer to a USB flash drive: 10-28 Mb / S
Reading large files from a flash drive to a computer: about 65 Mb / s
Reading small files up to 50 MB from a flash drive to a computer: 100-135 Mb / s
Testing read and write speeds via mini USB on a Android smartphone
Reading files of 135-320 Mb in total volume of 1 GB from a flash drive to the phone’s memory … took 1 minute.
Reading 32-45 MB files with a total volume of 1 GB from a flash drive to the phone’s memory … took a little more than 1 minute.
Writing large files of 135-320 MB in total volume of 1 GB of memory to a USB flash drive … takes about 2 minutes 30 seconds.
Writing small files of 32-45 MB in total 1 GB of memory to a USB flash drive … takes about 2 minutes.
In reviews, customers were satisfied with the speed of Hama FlashPen Laeta Twin series drives. Users were delighted with the ability to use a USB flash drive in a computer and in a phone, and also found it possible to use Hama FlashPen Laeta Twin as an additional disk to store files that do not fit on the phone (for example, photos, videos).
Among those buyers who left negative reviews, many complaints were about defective units: when the flash drive stopped working after several weeks of using. Other users, on the other hand, have a flash drive living a long and happy life.
Better than expected
January 21, 2018 [Verified Purchase]
For the data exchange between PC and mobile phone / tablet, I think it’s a good idea to equip a USB stick with both ports. Using it for the PC connection USB 3.0 speeds up the whole thing.
After two ripenings with comparable devices from other companies and the comparatively bad rating of the Hama stick, I was very skeptical, but tried it and apparently was lucky. My tests have been very positive so far. My test scenario:
1. The stick must be recognized on the PC at a USB 3.0 input. This was not the case with all devices, but here immediately.
2. Which size is recognized? Although this stick has just under 30 GB of actual memory, that’s still 1 GB more than another 32 GB stick.
3. I have about 1.5 GB of music files to play. That went pretty evenly and fast. The stick does not feel noticeably warmer despite the intense strain.
4. I listen to samples randomly in the uploaded files – everything seemed fine.
5. After ejection, the OTG connection is made to mobile phone or tablet. Works. The full amount of data is moved to the device. Works. Random tests show: The files are ok.
6. The PC is followed by a speed test with Crystal DiskMark64. Instead of the guaranteed reading speed of 40 MB / sec, almost 74 MB / sec are reported, almost double the advertised performance (see analog measurement result). Although the performance is below average for small data blocks, the purpose of the stick is to transport large amounts of data (movies, music files, photos), so I’m fine with it.
Conclusion: My stick seems to belong to the good specimens and I’m satisfied with it. If something should change in long-term operation, I will add this here.
Positive feedback from German buyer on Amazon.de
USB OTG stick from Hama – not very durable
16 December 2016 [Verified Purchase]
Hama USB Stick 32GB FlashPen Laeta Twin (OTG, Aluminum, USB 3.0, up to 40MB / s) black
The Hama USB Stick – here 32 GB OTG USB 3.0 – I really liked, because it is both on the PC, as well as on the phone or laptop to use. This allows data to be easily transferred from one device to another. For example, very useful for easy transfer of photos or other files. I immediately bought two.
Regrettably, one of the sticks I bought on May 21 this year already gave up on December 16 when I used it. Overall, I used it maybe 10 times – not all the time. Here again the programmed components seem to have struck too early. An unfortunate bad product. I have given away the other stick, and can only hope that has lasted longer. No more sticks from Hama.
Negative review from Amazon buyer