Solid State Drive Intenso TOP SSD 128GB is suitable as a system disk for users building a very budget computer, however, because of the large number of defective pcs and failed disks during its work, the buyer should weigh the pros and cons before buying.
This SSD attracts buyers all around the world because of its incredibly low price of € 19.90, as well because of MLC memory used in it. The read and write speed for such a cost is can be considered as good: 520 MB / s and 300 MB / s.
- Capacity: 128 GB
- Purpose: for laptop and desktop, gaming systems
- Form factor: 2.5 “
- Interface: SATA 6Gb / s
- Reading speed: 520 MB / s
- Write speed: 300 MB / s
- Random write speed (4 KB blocks): 48000 IOPS
- Support for 4 KB sectors: yes
- Buffer size: 256 MB
- Impact resistance during operation: 1500 G / 0.5 ms
- Silent operation (0 dB)
- Shock resistance during storage: 1500 G
- SMART Command support
- Trim Command support
Dimensions and weight
- Width: 70 mm
- Height: 7 mm
- Length: 100 mm
- Weight: 83 gr.
- Shipping weight on computeruniverse: 0.097kg
Review of Intenso TOP SSD 128GB
The SSD comes in a fairly strong package. In addition to the disk inside there is nothing, no screws, no instructions. SSD has a strict design, dressed in a metal case, on the back side there is information about the disk, the country of production, the official website link and article number are indicated.
On the official website of Intenso GmbH, the SSD specifications are extremely poor: only the type of flash memory used is MLC NAND, and information about the controller, NAND, technical process is not specified.
- SATA III (6gbs); Germany’s Top Brand
- Experience Ultra High Performance on your laptop, QUIET, low power and ultra high shock
- SandForce Performance: Writing up to 540 MB/s; Reading up to 470 MB/s; 256MB Cache
- SandForce Controller, SMART Cmd support; Active garbage collection, Native Command Quesing (NCQ)
- 2 years; 104x70x9 mm, 83g
- MLC flash memory;
- Ridiculous price for SSD;
- not the best controller (Phison PS3108);
- small amount of buffer (256 MB.);
- a large number of deffective inits;
Test results of reading and writing in the program CrystalDiskMark 6.0.0 x64
Buying cheap Chinese SSD of compayn, that posing as a Germany’s Top Brand, there is a chance to get defective goods. However, due to its low price, solid-state drives are quite popular among computer assemblers all around the world. Some, having bought Intenso TOP SSD 128GB [Izgr. Number: 3812430] and destinate their computer for a long and happy life, while paying a penny, many another buyers complain that they got a defective unit and sent it back, leaving a negative review on the seller’s online store. In general, the number of euphorically positive reviews in the spirit of “I bought an SSD for such a low price and it works great for over a year!” Is equal to the number of negative reviews like “when installing Windows it hung and no longer showed signs of life.”
Reviews related to disk performance are also diametrically opposite: one of the buyers did not notice the difference in speed between this model and the more expensive options and everything works very fast for him, while others claim that the disk is a slow and even regular hard disk will work faster.
drive just died after a few months
Verified Purchase [June 17, 2014]
Capacity: 128 GB
Very disappointed, came back from lunch one afternoon and my computer was dead. After spending several hours diagnosing the problem the drive was dead. No errors, no warnings, just dead. The computer couldn’t see it anymore, not even the bios. I replaced it (same ports, same cables) with another drive and everything works fine. It was a cheap drive, and I guess this time you get what you pay for.
Negative review of Intenso disk on Amazon online store