G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 16GIS 2666 CL19 (2x8GB) [F4-2666C19D-16GIS] is a memory kit from a reputable Taiwanese manufacturer. In favor of buying this kit are the low price, the possibility of overclocking and amount of memory enough for everyday tasks. The product is a good solution for gaming computers, as it is characterized by high stability, energy efficiency and quality of microcircuits. Memory kit come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Of course, the memory with such a low price is not without flaws: timings by modern standards are quite high, and instead of a radiator, a metallized sticker is used here.
But at the same time, when buying on computeruniverse, in terms of price / volume / speed, the memory bypasses many of its competitors.
- 2 x DDR4 memory modules
- Module capacity 8 GB
- Form factor DIMM, 288-pin
- Frequency 2666 MHz
- Bandwidth of 21,300 MB / s
- Aluminium stickers (instead of heatsink)
- Timings: 19-19-19-43
- CAS Latency (CL): 19
- Supply voltage 1.2 V
- Height: 31.2 mm / 1.2 inches
- Intel XMP 2.0 supporting (extreme memory profile)
- ECC support: no
- Buffered (Registered): No
- Low Profile: No
- Warranty: limited lifetime warranty
- Brand G.SKILL Series Aegis Model F4-2666C19D-16GIS
- Capacity16GB (2 x 8GB) Type288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM SpeedDDR4 2666 (PC4 21300)
- CAS Latency Column Address Strobe (CAS) latency, or CL, is the delay time between the moment a memory controller tells the memory module to access a particular memory column on a RAM module, and the moment the data from the given array location is available on the module’s output pins. In general, the lower the CL, the better. 19 Timing19-19-19-43 Voltage1.2V ECCNo
- Buffered/Registered Buffered (also called registered) memory module has a register between the DRAM module and the system’s memory controller. Buffered memory lessens the electrical load on the system’s memory controller, allowing more memory modules to be used at one time than would otherwise be possible. Compared to unbuffered memory, buffered memory is more stable but also more expensive. And buffered memory is mainly used in servers and workstations.
The Ideal Solution for Gaming PCs
Designed for Gamers
Built for Quality
XMP 2.0 Support
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Reviews, advantages and disadvantages
Buyers noted as advantages a good overlocking potential of the memory kit (as it wrote in reviews, it is possible to raise up to 3066 Mhz and 3200 Mhz), stability of work.
According to user reviews, metallized stickers instead of radiators play a decorative role rather than actually contribute cooling of the units. Metal foil stickers can be easily removed if desired. Although, in fairness, we must say that for such price it was difficult to expect anything more.
The kit comes in a double unsealed blister. You can open it easily and no one will notice. It is single channel memory.